Bob Sutton Team
Bob Sutton
970-457-4357970-457-4357

Local Fort Collins History

One of the historic highlights of Fort Collins is the Avery House. The Victorian-style Avery House, which stands on the corner of Mountain Ave and Meldrum St, was built in 1879. It is named for its original owners, Franklin and Sara Avery. Franklin Avery was a banker throughout Fort Collins’ early years. He was responsible for designing the layout of Old Town Fort Collins in 1873. He also contributed greatly to Larimer County’s irrigation system.

The Avery House is now owned by the Poudre Landmarks Foundation, and it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The historic home is open to the public on weekends from 1-4pm. Its grounds are also often used for parties and events.

Are you moving to Northern Colorado and want to learn more about its history? Give the Bob Sutton Team a call at (970) 222-9722.

Posted on March 15, 2017 at 5:16 pm by Bob Sutton

Leave a Comment

  • About Bob Sutton

    Picture of Bob Sutton

    Bob Sutton

    Realtor

    realestatebob@aol.com

    970-457-4357970-457-4357 main

    RE/MAX Alliance

    125 S. Howes Street #120 Fort Collins, CO 80521